V-Lock - Cabinet Door Security System
- Product Resources
- Part Numbers
- Specification Sheet: V-Lock Cabinet Door Security System
- Download/Request Catalog
- Need Help? Ask Siemon
Siemon's V-Lock Cabinet Security Solution is a complete hardware and software system that delivers superior cabinet-level access control for mission critical data centers and other telecommunications spaces, enabling improved security, administration and compliance with privacy regulations. Available in a centralized Bus and Node System that provides cabinet-level or end-of-row authentication, or in a decentralized Sentry System for free-standing cabinets, V-Lock offers a wide range of secure handles, including PIN/RFID card access, biometrics and dual factor authentication.
- Reduced Risk - Eliminates the use of universal cabinet keys that can open any cabinet while restricting access to mission critical equipment based on specific cabinets, roles and time periods.
- Compatible - V-Lock works with all Siemon standalone cabinets and can be retrofitted to any single-hinge door with a 25mm x 150mm opening. Not recommended for use with VersaPOD cabinets due to shared zero-U space and dual hinging doors.
- Flexible - Wide range of handles support various levels of authentication, separate front and rear security and the ability to work with third-party access control platforms (no node, Sentry or additional software needed).
- Easy Set-Up - Minimal hardware required, handles and nodes connected and powered via the bus controller using standard twisted-pair Ethernet cable and fast enrollment of biometric and card information.
Facilitates compliance with:
- Healthcare's HIPAA
- Financial industry's Sarbanes-Oxley
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
- Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS)
- European Union's GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
Bus and Node or Single Sentry Cabinet Topologies
The Bus and Node V-Lock System supports up to 32 cabinets using a controller and cabinet nodes that are daisy-chained together. The Bus controller powers the nodes and is connected to the LAN it is the only device in the system to have an IP address. The Bus and Node V-Lock System is ideal for environments with multiple cabinets in rows, typical of a data center. Authentication can occur at the cabinet level via individual handles or at the end of a row of cabinets via the Enline unit.
The Sentry V-Lock System is designed for situations where cabinets are standalone or not located in close proximately to each other. Suitable for both new cabinets and retrofits, the Sentry System uses individual decentralized devices at each cabinet, which each connecting directly to the LAN and having their own IP address. The decentralized Sentry devices can be powered via power over Ethernet (PoE) directly from a PoE-enabled network switch.
Siemon's V-Lock System is available with a server-based administration software platform to administer users, their cards and biometrics and manage user and group permissions.
V-Lock Cabinet Bus and Node Kit
V-LK-N-(XX)-(XX)-111 V-Lock Cabinet Node Kit includes: Up to two handles, Cabinet node, Up to two pairs of door contacts, Cables and cable management.
V-Lock Cabinet Sentry Kit
V-LK-S-(XX)-(XX)-111 V-Lock Cabinet Sentry Kit includes: Up to two handles, Cabinet sentry, Up to two pairs of door contacts, Cables and cable management
V-LK-L-SC01-111 Server and client software license package for 10 devices
V-LK-L-SC02-111 Server and client software license package for 20 devices
V-LK-L-SC03-111 Server and client software license package for 50 devices
V-LK-L-SC04-111 Server and client software license package for 100 devices
V-LK-L-SC05-111 Server and client software license package for 250 devices
V-LK-L-SC06-111 Server and client software license package for 500 devices
V-LK-L-CL01-111 Single client software license
V-LK-L-SE01-111 Single server software license
V-LK-M-SN10-111 1 year software and hardware maintenance package for initial 10 devices (N. Amer only)
V-LK-M-SN01-111 1 year software and hardware maintenance package for additional devices (N. Amer only)
V-LK-M-SN01-311 3 year software and hardware maintenance package, 1 per device (N. Amer only)
V-LK-M-SN01-511 5 year software and hardware maintenance package, 1 per device (N. Amer only)
V-LK-M-SI10-111 1 year software and hardware maintenance package for initial 10 devices (Rest of World only)
V-LK-M-SI01-111 1 year software and hardware maintenance package for additional devices (Rest of World only)
V-LK-M-SI01-311 3 year software and hardware maintenance package, 1 per device (Rest of World only)
V-LK-M-SI01-511 5 year software and hardware maintenance package, 1 per device (Rest of World only)
A device being any node, sentry, controller, or Enline unit
Node System Components
V-LK-B-CTRL-111 Bus controller
V-LK-P-BI00-111 Enline end of row access point with pin and biometric authentication
V-LK-P-BIPR-111 Enline end of row access point with pin, biometric and low frequency card authentication
V-LK-P-BIHI-111 Enline end of row access point with pin, biometric and high frequency card authentication
V-LK-D-CT00-111 Set of door contacts
V-LK-S-AC00-111 Sentry power supply for use when PoE is not available
V-LK-C-PR00-111 Low frequency Prox door access card
V-LK-C-IC00-111 High frequency iClass door access card
Because we continuously improve our products, Siemon reserves the right to change specifications and availability without prior notice